Archive for July, 2011

This third week I started to spin again, but Tuesday was my last day. My four year old friend came to stay with us and I knew my time would be scarce. So I left  the team.
Nevertheless I did some Navajo plying and knitted a small sample

This second week I did spin, but not that much, only one full bobbin.
I tried to make an evenly, thicker thread. To make it more easy the tops were divided in 8 thinner lengths.That went well. I will do some Navajo plying and some knitting and ……keep my fingers crossed.

In the meantime I went on  blending  Ryeland fleece / cria alpaca / kid mohair / angora. The total weight is +/-  40 grams.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While dyeing, I was very busy taking care of the layer underneath.
Many times I peeped at the back side if I didn’t add to much  dye liquid and dried off  if necesarry.
Finally I carefully turned the blank and adjusted the places were extra dye was needed.
Hoping it was not to wet, I put the rolled up plastic on a tray above the water in my dye pot and turned on the gas cooker.

The time I had to wait until the steam had done it’s work and  the wool package was cold again, seemed days….To my surprise there was not much dye in the water, when I washed and rinsed the blank.

 

 

The yarn on the bobbin and the yarn at the top ‘left’ were already spun.
I plyed with mercerized cotton.

While spinning,  I will be  busy with carding  my Ryeland fleece too…..
…..I will  blend it with kid mohair, angora and cria alpaca
It’s a project so long waiting on my ‘to-do’  list

Language: