Again we received a package on the annual spinning day….
….including: Brazillian wool-tussah silk-viscose and 2 grams of acid dye. I was anxious to start, because of the dye  ’emerald green’.
I prepared the dye pot! The wool and silk went fine,  but the viscose ……That ought not to be a surprise, because it was a plant fiber.
I tried it again.This time I used soda ash to fix the dye,  instead of vinegar!
It looked very promising, but when rinsing, the dye disappeared into the sink.

Next step….using Procion MX. It is a dye for plant fibers (viscose, cotton, hemp etc.)
I want to succeed!

Leave a Reply

Language: